Please note: All fish is prepared by hand. All weights are approximate.
For the marinade:
- 25ml vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
For the satay dipping sauce:
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 shallot, roughly sliced
- 1 chilli, deseeded
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 100ml light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 160g skinless peanuts
- Juice 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade. Add the monkfish and coat well.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 4.
- For the dipping sauce, heat the peanut oil in a frying pan, and cook the shallot, chilli and garlic until softened. Add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Place the peanuts in the preheated oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the remaining dipping sauce ingredients to the coconut milk mixture and blitz together with warm peanuts until smooth. Season to taste with salt.
- Thread the monkfish chunks onto skewers and cook under the grill for 4–6 minutes or until cooked through.